Individual and Family Sessions Available for Kids, Teens and Adults.
What is Holistic Counselling?
The oxford Dictionary defines the title “Holistic Counsellor” as meaning:
· 1. Characterized by the belief that the parts of something are intimately interconnected and explicable only by reference to the whole.
· 1.1 Characterized by the treatment of the whole person, taking into account mental and social factors, rather than just the symptoms of a disease.
And the term “Counsellor” as:
· 1 A person trained to give guidance on personal or psychological problems.
Therefore, Holistic Counsellors look at the connection between mind, body and spirit to facilitate wellness. Looking for the underlying causes of presenting problems for assessment and treatment using Counselling and other healing modalities. Addressing and treating the underlying causes rather than just treating the symptoms.
My emphasis in holistic counselling is always on facilitating self discovery and self healing, empowering you to take control of your own life. You will take an active role in your sessions with me and your therapy will always include “homework” where you will integrate strategies learnt in our sessions into your everyday life. It is of no use to anyone coming to see me once a week or fortnight and having me do all the work for you. Your success is largely dependent on you and how much effort you want to put into your own therapy.
It is important to note that there is a huge difference between a qualified Holistic Counsellor and someone that “coaches” or “counsels” individuals using a holistic approach. Years of training and experience in individual healing modalities including Counselling, accompany somebody trained and accredited as a Holistic Counsellor. Attributes that should be considered when choosing someone to counsel you or a family member.
Holistic therapies that can be incorporated into a Holistic Counselling session can vary depending on the qualifications of the Counsellor and the needs of the client. The modalities that I have specific experience and training in include:
· General Counselling
· Reiki and Intuitive Healings
· Australian Bush Flower Essence blends
· Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
· Crystal Therapy
· Colour Therapy
· Oracle Card Readings
· Past Life Regression and
· Breath Work and Meditation
I specialise in Stress and Anxiety management as that is where most of my life experience and training has taken me but, in general, Holistic Counselling Sessions can help you with:
· Stress, anxiety and depression
· Anger and stress management
· Substance abuse/addictions
· Relationships. Marriage breakdown, commitment issues, parenting issues etc
· Communication. Between family members, partners (business and personal)
· Addiction and eating disorders
· Grief and loss traumas such as death, divorce and abuse and
· Spiritual direction
So, in a nutshell, Holistic Counselling Combines traditional counselling with complementary therapies where the psychological, physical and spiritual complications of issues and behaviours are considered and treated. Respecting and understanding the connection between the mind, body and spirit and facilitating treatment accordingly.
$70 for 45 minutes (40 minutes client contact – kids under 11 only)
$90 for 60 minutes (50 minutes client contact)
$130 for 90 minutes (80 minutes client contact)
Initial sessions are followed up with a comprehensive email outlining session notes and relevant links.
Some phone and email support is available in between sessions.
50% of the full fee or a minimum of $35, applies to all appointments