Following on from my last two articles about the chakras, this article references the 7 main chakras and their corresponding physical associations, balanced characteristics, and their imbalances.
As previously discussed, chakras are spiralling pools of energy that are responsible for maintaining the health and well-being of our physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual selves and as such, these pools of energy need regular balancing and healing to carry out this vital maintenance work.
The attached “cheat sheet” outlines each chakra and its colour, location, physical associations, balanced characteristics and imbalances. Use this sheet in conjunction with the previously supplied “cheat sheets” to ascertain what crystals, colours, foods and yoga postures you can use and when you should use them.
As a reminder, the 7 main Chakras are:
1. Root Chakra (Muladhara) which is represented by the colour red and is located at the base of the spine.
2. Sacral Chakra (Svadhisthana) which is represented by the colour orange and located in the lower abdomen.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura) which is represented by the colour yellow and is located in the upper abdomen.
4. Heart Chakra (Anahata) which is represented by the colour green and/or pink and is located in the centre of the chest.
5. Throat Chakra (Vishuddha) which is represented by the colour sky blue and is located in the throat area.
6. Third Eye Chakra (Ajna) which is represented by the colour indigo and is located in the centre of the forehead.
7. Crown Chakra (Sahasrara) which is represented by the colour sky violet and is located at the top of the head.
A printable pdf “cheat sheet” outlining each chakra and its colour, location, associated crystals, nutrition and yoga postures, can be found here.
A printable pdf “cheat sheet” matching each chakra to its colour and a selection of crystals and how they can help each chakra can be found here.
If you would like to learn more about which crystals can help calm our kids, then please see the following article Calming Crystals for Kids.
For a Chakra Balancing Meditation that is easy to follow for all ages, please listen to this meditation Rainbow Chakra Balance and Energy Clearing Meditation.
The information outlined in this article is not intended to be used as a substitute to medical treatment or advice. Colour and crystals come with contraindications and these should be researched before use. It is advised that any healing using colour or crystals be done so under the supervision of a medical practioner or other suitably qualified health care practitioner.
© copyright. May not be reproduced without acknowledgement to the author. Written by Kim Norton 31st July 2023.